Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Winding Down

It's that time of year where things start winding down. Another school year will soon be over...(17 more school days for us) Tonight was the closing ceremony for the Awana program that the girls have been attending. They have enjoyed it so much! They already have plans to join up again, once we get settled into our new location. We will also be doing our last events with this home school group that we have enjoyed so much. From the way I am writing, you might think we are moving soon, but not until the end of September...although, that is soon enough. Before we moved here, I never dreamed I could enjoy living in California so much. I feel a little sad about leaving such a beautiful place. We plan to do a lot more sightseeing over the next 5 months.

May is going to be an extremely busy month for us. Besides finishing up school, we are going to Fresno to the Great Western Southern Gospel Fan Fest, taking Kaitlyn to Great America for her birthday, doing Science Fair projects, a piano recital, several military events, and my parents are coming to visit for two weeks. I love busy times like these...it's a fun kind of busy. Did I title this blog "Winding Down"? Anyway, we are looking forward to our summer vacation and as the summer goes on, I will be sharing with you some of our fun activities.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are planning on having lots of fun. Enjoy your summer.

Dorcas said...

Yes, it sounds like you're going to be very busy!! I didn't realize you'd be moving so soon. Do you know where you'll be relocating to? Have a fun summer!!

Belinda said...

Dorcas, unless something changes (which is very likely in the military, as you know) we will be going to Panama City, Florida for 6 months for Dive school. After that, we will be moving back to Virginia.

Dorcas said...

Okay! My son who is deployed right now is stationed at Tampa. I'll have to check to see how far that is from Panama City. Although he is hoping to get transferred to New Mexico when he gets back to the States.

Faith said...

Winding down... sounds more like gearing up! :) Ya gotta stay busy so you have stuff to blog about!! lol Thoroughly enjoy reading and seeing photos from all your adventures.