Life in the military can sometimes be lonely. You move all over the country, get settled in, make new friends, and then it's time to move again. I have been very lucky!! Our military career has taken us to South Carolina, Maine, Virginia and California. We have been so blessed to have met wonderful people like Josh and Crystal Withe, Phil and Lisa Boardman and Rick and Jennifer Alexander. We have made lifetime friendships with these families. Anytime we move, we always have our "military friends" who sometimes become like family, since they are in the same situation and know exactly what we are going through. I was so excited tonight, to find out that there is a couple living here, that I know. I knew the wife before she was married and had no idea she married someone in the military. The sad part is that they are moving in a month. They have been living here the whole time we have been here and I just found out tonight. What a bummer!!! Oh well, we are going to make the best of it and we are getting together this week.
Truthfully, I love being a military wife. I have seen places that I would have never seen and met people I would have never met. Yes, there have been hard times, (like the day Paul told me he would be going to Iraq for a year) but nothing we couldn't handle. God has really helped me, because I would have never dreamed, I would have been able to do some of the things I have done.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Excited, yet Sad!!
Posted by
Belinda
at
10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hi Belinda! I was excited to find that you had a blog. Your girls are growing so fast. I love the family picture at the top of your page. Take care!
Danessa
Hey, its too bad that you met your friend just now when she's leaving soon. At least you can spend some time before they go. Can't wait to see you. Love, Sharra
Bless you, Belinda for your beautiful attitude and for the sacrifices you military spouces make for the benefit of all Americans. Our family prays every night for the military and their families. We never want to take them for granted.
Hey Belinda!
Reading your blog brings back so many memories. You are missed by our family. Julia still remembers your girls and asks about if we are going to see them.
Even though Rick is only in the Air Gaurd now, I'll never forget what it was like being a military wife. It was fun seeing new places and meeting new people. It was scary too. I miss it sometimes.
We love you guys.
Your friend, Jenn
Post a Comment