Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Little Swimmers





Kaitlyn and Karissa have been taking swimming lessons for 4 months now. Tonight was the end of the 4th session and Kaitlyn graduated from Penguin to Sea Horse. Karissa is an Otter. Kaitlyn has really "jumped right in" and is doing exceptionally well. She has mastered the front glide, back glide, survival float, front and back crawl, and all the other things that have been taught. Tonight she started learning how to dive. I was a little nervous the first time I watched her little body dive into the 10 ft. water but she came up swimming and loved every minute of it. Karissa is following in her footsteps and is coming right along as well. I am glad that my girls are learning to swim at a young age. I have my cousin, Sharra, to thank for saving my life when we were young. (Sharra, do you remember that?) My girls are also learning survival methods in each class. Kaitlyn will be learning CPR in her upcoming class. I think we have about 4 more months of lessons before they have completed the whole course.

6 comments:

Faith said...

Congratulations, Kaitlyn and Karissa!! * clap * clap * clap * We're proud of you! :)

Karen Walden said...

I remember almost drowning on two different swimming occasions when I was a little girl! What a scary experience... We want to get Parker enrolled in swimming lessons this Spring as well. Jonathan doesn't know how to swim and we want all of our kids to be able to swim too! Sounds like a really good course out there. Ours here are only 2 weeks and 4 nights each week. (I dont' know how they will be able to learn it all in 2 weeks!) :)

Classy Lady said...

Congrats Girls!!
I am proud of you both.
Hannah took lessons at a very young age (months) so I'm sure she will need to go again.
What a smart move, Belinda.
Sharon

Lisa said...

Good job girls! I'm very proud of you-keep it up! Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of your girls. Good job Kaitlyn and Karissa! Yes, I will always remember the day I saved you. I think I was praying the whole time:)Sharra

tacomom said...

Way to go, Karissa and Kaitlyn! You're ahead of me in learning how to swim. I can't even float :( I hate water!