Monday, we took a little trip down to San Simeon to visit Hearst Castle. The drive down was absolutely beautiful and the Castle was amazing!!! The drive from our house to San Simeon is about 95 miles of mostly narrow, two lane, curvy road that is along the ocean. Once you get to the visitors center, the trip to the castle is a 5 mile bus ride up to the top of the mountain. Hearst Castle overlooks beautiful scenery and the ocean. A nice view of the scenery in "Big Sur" country.
Beautiful California....who would have ever guessed that I would have the privilege of living in such a beautiful part of the country?
Paul and I enjoying the scenery along Hwy 1.
Lauren enjoying her trip.
Veiw of Castle from the visitors center.
View looking down from Castle.
Casa Del Sol...18 room guest house...this house could fit into any one of the 15 living rooms in the castle..WOW!!
Girls and I in front of outside pool.Another view of the outside pool.
Side view of guest house.
One of the many bedrooms...we were not allowed to use flash so some of the pictures did not turn out great.
Front of castle.
Paul and Lauren
This is the inside pool...all the gold you see is 22kt gold. It's even on the floors.
Another view of the pool.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Hearst Castle, San Simeon California
Posted by
Belinda
at
6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
So what was the castle used for? Is/was it a private residence?
Wow! Gorgeous scenery and castle.
I'm so glad I found your blog, Belinda. It has been a long time since I've seen you. What fun to be able to keep up with you guys this way! Enjoy California - I'm so jealous! :)
WOW what a place. The view down to it was definitely beautiful.
What a sight! Thanks for sharing those pics! What town is this near?
Hearst Castle is located near San Simeon, California about 250 miles from both Los Angeles and San Francisco. The pictures we took along the way were taken closer to where we live in the Big Sir and Carmel-by-the Sea area.
Hey Belinda, great pix!!! I'm thrilled to see some of California, keep visiting new places, I think were all enjoying it...love Lisa
Belinda
I love looking at your pics and it looks like you all had a really nice time. We love to do things like that as a family and hopefully spring will come soon.
Friends
Marlinda
The castle is beautiful, but the scenery on the way there is just breathtaking!! We've been privileged to drive up the West Coast two different times and I love it. So different from the East Coast.
Post a Comment