We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. It started out on Friday by heading to the Watsonville "Salute To Our Heroes" Fly-In air show. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed watching the show. The girls had fun taking tours of all the military planes they had on display. After we returned home, Paul and Karissa worked on Karissa's pumpkin patch. She has wanted to grow pumpkins for so long. Paul told her that he would help her after the air show. We stopped at Home Depot to pick up supplies. Paul dug out a 4X12 area and put down some type of wire to keep the gophers from coming up through. He framed it all in with some 2x4's and then filled it all back in with dirt. Karissa and I made the mounds and planted the seeds. I sure hope these things grow!!
This was the opening of the air show. The flag was beautiful!!
Another shot of the flag.
The jumper with the flag.
Australian Navy Plane
Another plane
Karissa posing from inside the CH-46 Sea Knight Helicopter
Kaitlyn...the helicopter pilot.
Lauren enjoying her ride in the HH-60 Sea Hawk.
Karissa peeking out of the C-130.
Sunday evening we went to some friends house for a neighborhood pot luck. I think the kids had the most fun playing together. I think there were around 20 kids and about that many adults.
Monday morning we headed over to NPS (Naval Postgraduate School), for a symphony concert on the lawn. The Monterey Bay Symphony and Monterey Symphony came together for one big concert along with an opera singer/magician. At one point in the show, the singer had a couple of people tie him up in a straight jacket and while he was singing, he got himself out. It was quite entertaining to watch. That's all Lauren could talk about afterwards. She kept saying "guy, all tied up". They also had a lot of kids activities set up like a couple of jumping houses, bubble blowing contest, face painting and other things. The highlight was getting their picture taken with an astronaut. Dan Bursch has taken 4 trips into space. He is a Retired US Navy Captain who attended school here at NPS. He currently holds the U.S. space flight endurance record of 196 days in space. He spent 6 1/2 months in the space station. It was really neat getting to meet him. After we left NPS, we decided to drive up to Jack's Peak. When you get to the top of this mountain, you can see the entire Monterey Peninsula. It is absolutely beautiful!! We walked several trails before heading home.
Kaitlyn and Karissa with Astronaut Dan Bursch.
The opera singer getting out of the straight jacket.
A Barbershop Choir. They were really good.
Naval Postgraduate School....where Paul attends.
Lauren enjoying her bubbles.
Peacock at NPS
Lauren enjoying a ride on Daddy's shoulders.
The view from Jack's Peak.
Kaitlyn and Karissa at the top of Jack's Peak.
Another view.
Karissa and I on a trail at Jack's Peak.
Kaitlyn
On a trail at Jack's Peak.
Paul and Lauren walking the trail.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Memorial Day Weekend
Posted by
Belinda
at
8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I want to see a picture of the pumpkin patch!
lol... You had me looking for a pic of the pumpkin patch too!
What an incredible, memorable Memorial Day weekend! Glad you all had an enjoyable time. luv yas!
What a fun family weekend together!
Good luck growning those pumpkins! Hope they will be big enough to carve by Halloween!
I enjoyed the post and pictures so much. Such a beautiful area. Wow!
Just for my wonderful little brother, I will try to post some pictures of Karissa's pumpkin patch sometime soon. I should have known that someone would ask for them.
I think the pumpkins should grow easily enough. We've had them grow on our front lawn from leaving the pumpkins there too long in the fall :) I want to have a pumpkin patch here (and call it Madison St. Pumpkin Patch) but I'm afraid the neighborhood teens would have too much fun smashing them. Looks like you all had a very fun weekend. And I was noticing...Lauren does not look anything like the other two girls :)
It sounds like your family had a very exciting and fun holiday weekend!! I love the pictures of the flag parachute ~ so appropriate for Memorial Day. And your girls are too cute!! Here's another vote for a picture of the up & coming pumpkin patch project :o)
The pictures are beautiful...looks like you had a great memorial day weekend. Hope the pumpkins grow:)
Looks like a fun time you all had! Good luck Karissa on your pumpkin patch...thanks to your daddy and mama for making it happen.
See you guys real soon...
Post a Comment