I know this is my second post for today but there have been so many fun things going on around here lately. I don't know how much more posting I will do for a while since we have a lot going on in the coming weeks. We will be taking a trip to Indiana and then when we get back the girls start piano lessons, swimming lessons and they will be attending a week long music camp called "Bach To the Future". I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to share after all that has happened.
Paul's Mom flew in last Wednesday and was here for the week. We had a great time and the girls sure enjoyed spending time with Grandma. We took her to the Aquarium, Whale Watching and some other sightseeing. The Whale Watching trip was amazing! This was our third trip out, but definitely the most memorable. There were two whales that decided to put on a about a 15 minute show for us. They were jumping up out of the water and doing all kinds of things. One would do something and then the other would copy it. My mother-in-law was standing right at the front of the boat and one of the whales jumped right up out of the water in front of her, then they did it again at the side of the boat. She was able to get some of it on video. I will add a video clip of it when Paul gets a change to crop it for me. He is studying for exams so it might be a little while before I get it posted. In the meantime, I will post some pretty good pictures I got of them. It sure was an amazing sight to see. It's not something that they see very often. When the whales started putting on the show, the boat captain came running out of his cabin with his big camera as well as the lady talking during the tour. They were so excited!! On another day, we took a 10 mile drive on a dirt road that twisted up and down through the mountains. Paul and some friends had ran that 10 mile road a couple of days before and wanted to take us on a drive. It was beautiful and we got some good pictures. We were sad to see mom leave. It's not often that she makes it back to the states for a visit but we are always happy to have her visit when she can. Lauren has been asking for Grandma Becky ever since we dropped her off. Here are some of the pictures I took this past week...
Grandma and Karissa on the boat
The whale on top of the water
This looks like a sea monster
The splash it made when it fell back into the water
Another boat watching for whales
Two whales giving us a good show
Mom, girls and I
Mom, girls and Paul
Beautiful mountain view
Mom...this was taken on the 10 mile mountain drive
Paul with his Mother
I think these cows have a pretty nice view
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Grandma's Visit
Posted by
Belinda
at
6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow...those whales are so big! That would be so neat to see!
Paul favors his Mom I think!
Glad you had a good week with Grandma! Looks like the girls enjoyed it!
That is so nice that Becky got to come visit your family. Sounds like she's making her rounds to see everyone! ha!! When is she going back to the Amazon or has she already left? She's such a sweet lady! And it looks like the whale watching trip was really fun. Our family did that up in Nova Scotia, Canada several years ago on vacation. I'd love to do it again sometime!
Post a Comment