Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yosemite National Park

We had a wonderful time camping in Yosemite National Park, with our friends, the Kramers. They have two boys and three girls. We left home on Friday morning and made the 4 hour drive to our camp site where we got things all set up. After we fixed something to eat, we all headed out to explore the park. It's a huge place and even though we were there for three days, there were more places that we could have toured. We did quite a bit of hiking and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. My favorite part was a place called Tuolumne Meadows. We walked about a mile back to this Meadow where everything was absolutely breath taking. I could have stayed there forever. At one point Kaitlyn knelt down at a railing on the bridge and looked like she was praying. When I asked her later if she was praying, she said "I was thinking about it". It is just one of those places that makes you think about God and how awesome He is to have created such a place. Paul, the girls and I climbed to the top of Lembert Dome. It was quite the hike and with the high altitude, you could tell the oxygen level was low. Even my husband, who is a runner, was running low on oxygen. It was a real fun experience. We fixed all of our meals camp style. One meal was strips of steak with veggies wrapped in foil and cooked on the coals. It turned out very yummy. Of course, we had to do smores one night. The kids all had a great time and we are all looking forward to our next camping adventure. Here are a bunch of pictures we took. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do the park justice. It is much prettier in person, so if you ever get a chance, make a trip to Yosemite.

6 comments:

lauralavon said...

Belinda,
Just had a moment this morning before heading for camp, but I wanted to let you know, I really enjoyed those beautiful pictures! We hope to get out a little further west on our next road trip! We've never been to Yosemite or the big trees in California!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What beuatiful country and so breathtaking. Glad you had a great time camping out. I really enjoyed the pics.

Lisa said...

Awesome pics guys! What a fun adventure!!!

Denise said...

Photos were great! That country is so beautiful. Looks like you all had fun.

Hannah Riggs said...

Belinda... I absolutely love that picture of Paul & Lauren! Way too cute!!!

Dorcas said...

Our family was there several years ago and it was an awesome vacation spot. Would love to go back sometime!! Good pictures.