Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday "Little Valentine:



Today is a very special day in our home...not only is it Valentine's Day, but we get to celebrate our "little valentine's" birthday. Karissa was born on Valentine's Day 7 years ago in Charleston, South Carolina. I can still hear Dr. McDonald in his very southern accent announce "she's perfect". Up until that point I thought she would probably be a boy....boy was I surprised. I had purchased quite a few boy clothes and two days after I came home from the hospital, my mom and I made a trip to the store and exchanged them for girl stuff. We were so happy to have another little girl!! Towards the end of my pregnancy, things became quite challenging. I fell and shattered my elbow when I was almost 8 months pregnant and had to have surgery. I had physical therapy up until the day before she was born. So there was some concern about having surgery while I was pregnant but there was no way around it. Thankfully, Karissa was fine and my arm healed nicely.

Karissa is in 1st grade this year and doing quite well. She is also taking piano lessons, singing classes, learning to play the bells (which she is totally enjoying) and swimming classes. The girls keep me quite busy but that is the way I like it. Today we are having a birthday party so there will be pictures later from her party.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

"Happy 7th Birthday Karissa" We all hope your day is soooo special!!!
A little side note, Logan was sitting by me as I typed this and I said hmmm, Logan, I wonder how you spell Karissa...kiddin' with 'em...he said "KISSING!" Hope you catch his kiss! HA!!!
We love YOU lots...

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday, Karissa!!! Hope you have a wonderful day. Have a fun party!

tacomom said...

Happy Birthday, Karissa! What a bundle of love for your mommy, daddy and big sister to welcome into their lives!!

Dorcas said...

Happy Birthday Karissa! She's so cute :o))

lauralavon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauralavon said...

Happy Birthday, Karissa, from the Fergusons!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Karissa,
Hope you had a wonderful day. You have been a real special Valentine, bringing lots of love into your families'lives. You bring many memories of fun and laughter. Remember playing with all those Polly Pocket dolls? Love you and God bless you.