Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Patrick's Day 5K Run

Today was the annual St. Patrick's Day 5K run at Naval Postgraduate School. It is open to all family members, runners and walkers. We decided to make it a family event and just go have fun. Of course, I knew Paul would finish at the top of the pack but I wasn't sure how the girls would hold out for 3.1 miles. Paul ended up running it in 21 minutes and 20 seconds. When the gun went off, Kaitlyn and Karissa took off and I did not see them again until almost the end of the race, when I finally caught a glimpse of them in front of me. They ran/walked it in 40 minutes. They never gave up and I was so proud of them. I was pushing Lauren in the stroller and she kept saying "are we running Mommy?" I did run some but mostly walked as fast as I could. When Paul finished, he ran back out and finished with me. I did it in 42 minutes. We had a blast and will be doing it again next month when they have the next one.


Paul and girls before the run


Kaitlyn and Karissa excited to get started


Kaitlyn after the run...I was so proud of her.

 

Posted by Picasa

Karissa after the run...she did such a great job!!




Can you tell I was running?

5 comments:

Phil.n.Jenn said...

Wow! That is awesome. WAY TO GO GIRLS!! Makes me want to do one too!

Dorcas said...

Congrats to all of you!!

Rebekah said...

Wow. The whole family. Great run. Keep up the good running.

Faith said...

ditto (I'm too outta breath to say more.) lol jk

You go!!

Lisa said...

"GREAT JOB GUYS!!!"