The girls finished their last day of school on Friday. We are very happy to be on summer break. They are working on Science Fair projects which will be on display the end of this month. I will share more about that later. We are busy getting ready for my parents visit. They will arrive on Thursday and will be here until June 1st. We are very excited that they get to visit again.
This past weekend we went to the Castroville Artichoke Festival. We enjoyed eating all the yummy foods with artichoke in them. Castroville is the Artichoke center of the world and you would know why if you ever visited there. I am not sure if I had ever eaten Artichoke before moving here but I know I had never used it in my cooking. It is something I will definitely be learning to use more often. It is really good on pizza with chicken and spinach.
I am going to post a few random pictures that I have taken from the past few weeks. I have had very little time to blog so this is just a sample of what has been happening here.
Celebrating Kaitlyn's 9th birthday at CPK.
The birhday girl!!
One of the fruit and veggie sculptures that was being made at the festival.
Karissa at festival
Kaitlyn at festival
Lauren at festival
Have you ever seen an ice cream truck like this?
Picking Artichokes
Monday, May 18, 2009
Summer Break
Posted by
Belinda
at
11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I never knew there was such a thing as an Artichoke Festival:o) Sounds interesting!! I'm sure you're all happy for a break from school!! Enjoy your summer and the time with your parents!!
Hey Belinda! Have a great time with your folks!
We're hoping come Sept. you'll be coming back here! We'll see!!!
Love ya Lisa~
Have looked at artichokes... eventually ate one once, but apparently not prepared to its best advantage. I think I would rather stop at that really cool Ice Cream truck! :P
Post a Comment