Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lauren's New Bike and Slumber Party

For the past week or so, the only thing on Lauren's mind was that she wanted a bike. I am sure she must have told us over 1000 times a day that she really, really, really wanted a new bike. On Friday the girls and I went into Target and there sat a bike just her size. She started begging me once again for a bike. I called Paul who was at home and asked him what he thought and with a little laugh, he replied by saying "I really wanted to take her to buy the bike". So I told Lauren that we would have to go home and see what Daddy thought about her having that bike. As soon as we got home, she ran straight to Paul and told him what she had found. So, off she and Paul went on a little date to buy her first bicycle. She has ridden and ridden that thing so much since she got it. She even rode it in the house until her Daddy saw her and made her take it back outside. She thought the wood floors and the way you can go through the house in a circle was a perfect place to ride.



The other excitement we had on Friday night was a slumber party with three other little girls spending the night. They kept Paul outside until 9 pm playing ball and then they played Clue. I finally made them get into bed at midnight but they kept me up until 1:30 am giggling. I thought for sure they would sleep in but by 8:30 they were all up and ready to play Clue again. After breakfast they wanted to play ball so they talked me into playing with them. We had a really great time. I think the hardest part about the whole thing was remembering all the names and keeping them straight. Kaitlyn, Karissa, Kiley, Kinsey, Kennedy and Lauren. I joked that maybe I should call Lauren by her middle name which is Kaylee. They also have another younger sister who is named Kelsey. So when our two families are together, it is hard to keep everyone straight.

4 comments:

Faith said...

You mean wood floors and a ready-made circle in your house isn't for bike riding?! C'mon!! ;) So cute, Lauren getting her first bike... esp when she gets a bike AND a date with Daddy!

What a lotta K's!! I can only imagine the confusion. lol

tacomom said...

awwww...little girls and their daddies...such a special relationship!

i did not remember that Lauren's middle name was kaylee.

Dorcas said...

The smile on Lauren's face with her new bike is priceless!! What a cutie. And it sounds like you had a fun night with the slumber party. My, all those names beginning with "K"! No wonder you were confused :o)

Lisa said...

Love her bike! Looks like the girls are having a fun summer!