Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break with Family

We had an awesome time with my cousin, Sharra, and her family here for the week. We were able to take them to some of the beautiful and fun attractions in the area. One of the highlights was our Whale watching trip. Sharra and I decided that it would be a good idea to give our kids some motion sickness medicine before we left and I'm sure glad we did. There were several people who were sick and very miserable on the entire trip. The water was pretty rough. It was a 3 1/2 hour trip out into the ocean and we were able to see lots of humpback whales. It was an amazing sight to see!! We also took them to the Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, a scenic trip down HWY 1, and a tour through San Francisco. I am sure Sharra will have some things to say about that trip. We laughed so hard....I can't remember when I laughed so much. All I can say is that my husband is a great tour guide!!! Our kids had a great time together. We were not sure how they would act at first, since it had been so long since they were together but as soon as we got into the van, you would have never known that they didn't see each other every day. They were so cute!!! We had fun listening to their conversations in the back seat of the van. I must admit that I felt somewhat sad today with them being gone. It was so wonderful having them here!! Here are a few pictures from our week!!


Beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge


Sharra and I


Alcatraz


Beautiful San Francisco Bay


All of us... minus Paul


All of us... minus Dan


These are GPS guided talking cars that you can rent and take a tour of San Francisco. Looks like fun!!!


This is a good picture of Dan....Sharra and I got a good laugh watching Paul and Dan take pictures of each other.


The kids on a trail along beautiful Hwy 1.


Kaitlyn...Paul loves the wind blown hair.


Wild Flowers....they are everywhere.



Kyra, Kaitlyn, Connor, and Karissa enjoying the boat ride.


Waiting to board the boat.



A good picture of a humpback whale


The whale's fluke




Lauren and I on the boat....she hates the life jacket


Sea Lions

9 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Looks like you all had a great time together! What a fun week for your families! (I think I would love to come out there sometime!!! It looks beautiful!)

Lisa said...

So glad you all had a great time together! Enjoyed ALL the pics... Looks like a place I'd want to see in my lifetime!

Love,
Lisa

Tamra said...

Enjoyed all your photos! Beautiful! Shane and I have vacationed in San Fran and LOVED it! So glad you guys had a good time.

Faith said...

Okay, so you have us ahhh-ing and oooo-ing and checking fares! Glad you had so much fun making memories.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great time! We miss you all already. I have to get busy and post all of my pics. Alot will be the same though.
Love you guys!

Dorcas said...

Glad you had a great time with your cousin's family! I love your pictures!! California has a lot of beautiful scenery!

lauralavon said...

I really enjoyed those pictures!

BTW, you've been tagged; come to my blog to read the details!

Denise said...

Your pics are great! I didn't realize that California was that pretty. The kids sure are growing up!

Maggie said...

I enjoyed you alls pics!