Today I was out working in the yard and I hear a big crash. Well, maybe not a big crash but I heard some little girls yelling. I looked down to the street and there was a jeep turned over on it's side. The driver was trying to drive with it's wheels on the side of the hill. It was a little top heavy and over it went. They had to call the wrecker (Mommy) to the rescue. When Kaitlyn saw me coming with the camera, she said "you are not putting this on your blog!" I don't think she wanted everyone to know what kind of a driver she is. HA!!!
Luckily we didn't have to call the ambulance!!
Posing with the wreckage.
The following are some random pictures from recent days....
The girls had a field trip with the home school group to SPCA. They enjoyed getting to see all the dogs, cats, horses, rabbits and even a pig and some rats. No, we did not adopt any of the cute furry friends. I like animals as long as they belong to someone else. I refuse to have them in the house.
This is Kaitlyn in front of the 1812 Privateer Lynx. It pulled into port here in Monterey and Paul took her on the field trip with the home school group. I normally go on the field trips but the younger children were not invited on this one so I stayed home with Karissa and Lauren.
The next few pictures are pictures I took today of our house and yard. We live on a sand dune so we don't have much grass but we do have a lot of beautiful flowers all over the property. They are especially beautiful on sunny days like today.
Lauren decided to lay down and enjoy the sunshine. A few weeks ago, this was not a pretty area in our yard. I decided to make it into a little sitting area. We put down bark and I planted several different kind of flowers. It's a cozy little place to sit and enjoy the beautiful mountains that you can see in the distance.
I planted most of the flowers in pots because it's really hard to get things to grow in this sand. I also put in all the edging around the area.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Jeep Accident and Other Things
Posted by
Belinda
at
7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
That was a fun post! Looks like the girls were having fun. Your landscaping job is really pretty! Looks so inviting. No wonder Lauren decided to relax there!
Have a restful Sunday.
AT first I thought it was a real jeep that wrecked. That was tooo cute! Your landscaping looks pretty, too.
Kaitlyn, if you are coming down to the Amazon to drive my motorcycle, uh-oh? Well, you better not tell Mommy about that one.
You girls all did a beautiful job on the landscaping and such beautiful flowers.
Belinda, you are such a wonderful mother and wife. I am proud to be your mother-in-law.
Next thing Fox News is going to be calling you to be a reporter! lol You pulled my leg right into that story! Glad there were no injuries to report (other than wounded pride perhaps).
If Fox doesn't get you first, Keep Monterey Beautiful might grab you up! You did a wonderful job creating an oasis on your sand dune. (Now you're pulling more than my leg... you're on to our wallets for air fare!)
That story about the jeep "accident" really had my full attention until I kept reading. How cute. Glad nobody was hurt :o) Your home is beautiful and very inviting! All the hard work you did sure paid off. There's nothing like nice landscaping around a home. Good job, Belinda!!
lol, the girls are so funny. I especially loved the part, "are you going to put this on your blog?" How funny. The flowers look beautiful!
It doesn't take the kids long to learn that we take pictures and blog every funny moment, huh? Glad there were no injuries to report. And like everyone else has said, you did a great job with the landscaping. Wanna come do mine? I am so not good at that stuff and our yard shows it!
It is a good thing that they have a couple of years before they get their upgraded driver's licenses! Your yard looks great!
Guess you fooled everyone with the wreck ha..that was funny.
You have done alot to your yard..now you can enjoy it all year.
Sharon
Kaitlyn knows you and your camera well LOL!! They are so cute, glad they were ok!!
Your house and landscaping are wonderful! You did an awesome job.
AT least no one was hurt. It seemed that every time my brothers tried a stunt like that they got hurt. It makes for some funny memories though.
Post a Comment