Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Little Update.....

of what's been going on in our lives. Paul is nearing the end of another quarter and he has been extremely busy with all kind of papers, projects and tests. After this week, he will have a very short break before it starts all over again. Right now it looks like next quarter will be a much lighter load, which will be great for all of us...especially Paul.

This past weekend we went on a little camping/amusement park trip down to Magic Mountain in L.A. Point Loma Nazarene University rented the park for Friday evening from 5 pm until midnight. The park was closed to the public so only those who had tickets for the private party were allowed in. It was awesome to be able to walk from ride to ride with very little waiting in line. They have some huge roller coasters and I am very proud to have a daughter that can keep up with me on the BIG rides. Kaitlyn will ride anything and loves it!! They have a huge roller coaster called Golith and she rode the thing 4 times. Anyway, we went down with 30 other people from our church and had a great time. We camped overnight and then I had the job of fixing breakfast for everyone. Fun Fun!!! Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of this trip. I took the camera but did not take one picture!!

We are very excited that our friends, Phil and Lisa Boardman and boys are coming for a visit this Friday. They will be spending a week with us and we are all very excited. It will be great to do some catching up in person instead of over the phone...it's just not the same. I am sure Lisa and I will have plenty to blog about after the visit. For those of you who don't know the Boardman's, they have three boys about the same ages as our girls.

We are getting ready to start another 40 Days for Life Campaign here in our area. Our friends, the Kramers, are in charge of it again and doing a great job getting things together. I met with them tonight to help plan our kick off rally which is next week. We are praying for a great turnout for the rally as well as the vigil.

Hopefully I will have some pictures to share with my next blog. Have a great week!!

4 comments:

Dorcas said...

I'm sure all of you & especially Paul will welcome the short break from his schooling!!
Sounds like you had a great time at the amusement park & camping. That's neat that Kaitlyn rides anything with you :o))
Hope you have a great visit with your friends who are coming. Nothing like good friends! And I hope this 40 Days for Life Campaign is as successful or more so than the first when you were involved with!'
You all definitely are very busy :o)

Lisa said...

See ya soon girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the amusement park! Hope you have a wonderful time with Phil and Lise and we are expecting pictures:)

Jenn said...

I hope you and the Boardmans are having a great time. I was excited for them when Lisa told me they were going to go out there to see you. We all miss you guys so much.