Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gizdich Ranch

Saturday we went to Gizdich Ranch for the Apple Butter Festival. We had a great time!! We enjoyed watching the apple butter being made. They had this really neat machine that cored and peeled the apples. We got to eat some of the apples, and they were so much fun to eat after going through that machine. It made me wish I had one of those at home...my girls eat lots of apples. We bought a jar of the apple butter to bring home. Another thing we really enjoyed was getting to watch apple cider being made and getting to sample it. It's amazing how much better it tastes before it gets put into those plastic containers and taken to the stores. We bought a bag of apples and I think I am going to have to make another trip over there to buy more. I have never had such sweet and delicious apples. They had a lot of other activities as well, including a hay ride, magic show, vendors selling homemade stuff (the girls talked me into buying them a homemade doll that one lady was selling), live music, and lots of other things to look at. I didn't take a lot of pictures but here are a few from our day!!


Making Apple Cider


Lauren loved the magicians rabbit...it was so soft.



Karissa


Lauren


Lauren


All the girls


some kind of old tractor


Karissa


Lauren


Kaitlyn


Kaitlyn

5 comments:

Dorcas said...

It looks like everyone had lots of fun. I love the pictures of the girls with the pumpkins and "all the girls"! Happy Fall!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a neat place to visit and lots of fun. I like the picture of you and the girls...cute!

tacomom said...

Sounds like fun! We went with the lower learning center to a small local orchard recently. It was fun watching their cider making process (I've always seen it on a grander scale :) Tony said it tasted great and was only half the price of what you get at the store. I don't care for cider. They also had paper grocery bags FULL of apples for $4 - which is alot cheaper than what they are in the store right now. At WalMart apples were close to $6 a bag (3 lbs?)

Karen Walden said...

What a fun looking place! I love your fall pictures of the girls!

Faith said...

Yay! I saved these pics. :)