I thought I should give an update of what has been going on around here. We have been extremely busy and the coming weeks are only going to be busier. Yesterday the girls music teacher took all her students on a field trip to a place called Glazes. They got to choose a piece of pottery to paint. I forgot to take my camera but a friend is supposed to be sending me some pictures she took. Next week we have three field trips. Luckily they are at times where we will be able to get school done as well. We are looking forward to these fun trips and I will probably have more to post about them next week. A week from this Sunday, my parents will be arriving. They will be spending Thanksgiving with us. It is always good to have family here for the holidays.
Tonight I went to my friend Teresa's baby shower. It was so much fun!! It's the first time I have been out without the girls in over a year, except to run to the store for something. Teresa and I have become good friends. Paul and Eddie do the same job in the Navy and they are both here getting their Masters in Engineering and they are running partners. The funny thing is that when we lived in Charleston, South Carolina, they were our neighbors that lived across the street, but we never got to know them. Now we have become good friends and we found out a few weeks ago that we will all be moving to Virginia together. That just does not happen very often in the military. Normally you make friends and then when you leave that duty station, you never see them again. Anyway, Teresa is due to have her baby soon and we are praying for a healthy baby girl.
I also want to say that I am a proud Aunt again for the 17th time. I have 15 nieces and nephews on Paul's side and two on my side. My sister-in-law, Rose, just delivered a beautiful baby boy yesterday. He was 9 lbs. and 21 3/4". We are still waiting for a name. Congratulations to Rose and Fani on the birth of this precious baby boy. We love every one of them!!! I will post a picture of him below.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Little Update
Posted by
Belinda
at
8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I have to agree that you all are very busy! But sometimes it's nice to be occupied and then you always like a litte break. It's nice you'll have your parents with you for Thanksgiving!!
How fun that your parents are coming for a visit. The girls will love spending time with them (and you will too :) And how cool is it that you have had a chance to get to know this other military family and they are moving to VA too! Awesome!
Congratulations on your new nephew! Thanks for your prayers. Noah is only about 550 miles away, so we will probably drive over there for Thanksgiving. That will break up the time a lot! Then he should be home for about a month before he deploys. It is so nice that you guys get to PCS together. That is one of the things I don't like about the military, expecially with these shorter stints.
Yes, sounds like a busy month for you. I'm glad to hear that Rose and baby are doing fine. Can't wait to hear the name.
Have fun with your parents, we will miss seeing them this year for Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment